December 22nd, 2016

It’s the last week of work this year, then I’m off until the 9th of Jan. It’s been a very busy year, thanks for hanging out in this devlog and keeping up with the progress of the project! Your support means a lot to both Alex and I, and we’re both very excited about the final sprint next year leading up to the Beta release in March.

This week was a short one and was mostly just a big tidy up before the break. We’ve organised the Trello, and tried to narrow it down to the minimum tasks required for the Beta. In addition to that I’ve decided on a company name (TBA) to release the game under, and have written a EULA and other related boring documents.

Actual programming was a minimum, but I did finally implement alternative skins in the character select. A few characters have alternative skins, some of which are there at the start and some which will be hidden. To start there will be the 4 main characters (moonman, elemental, human male, human female) and the humans each have 3 different skin tones. Other character skins, like Moomman, will probably be unlockable through game actions, in a similar way to the unlockable characters. The alternative skins are just selected by pushing up or down in the character select screen.

This is my last post for 2016, thanks again for all your helpful comments this year. Have a safe holiday break!

This looks awesome! Maybe put arrows on the character select GUI or a reminder so that people aren’t left wondering how change skins. The system seems a bit vague. Also, I have but one question:

What’s a “Trello”?

Anyways, have a good break! Let’s hope the release date actually stays intact this time.

Good point, but there’s text on the screen which says “up/down: change skin”, you just can’t see it in this image. It’s also context sensitive so isn’t displayed if there are no skins for that character.

Just a task management system.

Ah, good! You’ve thought this through.

“Moomman” cracks me up. Have a great holiday, relax and enjoy! See you next year! :moonman_squid:
:bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee:

Seeya guys, I’m signing off for a time!

See ya in 2017!

Hi!

Ohaio!

Aloha!