As mentioned above I also played around with a Linux build. This required yet another round of fixing compiler errors and building dependencies. One cool thing, which I’ve never really done before, is that it was all done within a virtual machine launched from within Windows. I used Virtual Box running Ubuntu. I spent about 8 hours getting the game to work. The screenshot below shows the game running from within that VM.
I’m hoping the visual glitches are due to the VM and not due to the game. If you’ve got a Linux machine, and are interested in testing out a very early build of Moonman, then please let me know.
So… I’ve decided to create a thread for people who want a Linux build and don’t want to use the origin devlog.