Favourite Game?

I’ve been playing games all my life and hundreds have probably influenced me, but I guess the notable ones have been Shadow of the Colossus, The Legend Of Zelda, Megaman 3, Super Mario Brothers, Shadow of the Beast, Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, Nethack, Dark Souls, and Minecraft. So many great games are out there, I just wish I had several lifetimes to play them all.

What are some games that have had a huge impact on your life?

I started out on an atari and apple//e when I was a wee lad so for fun I’ll answer only using games from those formative years. The original Ultima series, particularly 3 and 4, helped me to fall in love with open-world games. Other games like Moebius and Airheart and Autoduel taught me about the importance of using art and style to create immersion, while also being super open games. As a kid these were probably the most magical games for me.

Pretty keen on the old Mario Bros. and Zeldas and Contras. Bomberman and RBI Baseball as well. Castlevania SOtN, PaRappa, Metal Slug. Mario Kart and Smash, too.

Currently playing lots of Vagante, Catacomb Kids, Besiege, Darkest Dungeon.

Minecraft, Terraria, and Binding of Isaac are some other favorites from recent times.

Would like to play through Shadow of the Colossus again one of these days. Been quite some time for that one.

Euro truck, Gary’s mod, warthnder and robocraft are all great games

The game I’ve probably invested the most time in recently is King Arthur’s Gold, or KAG for short. Closing in 1000 hours in-game, definitely worth the money and I’ve enjoyed it very thoroughly. It’s an older indie game and my favourite one I’ve played so far. Hopefully Moonman can change that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Twinsen’s Odyssey, Final Fantasy VIII, Metal Gear Solid 2. ヽ(^。^)丿

Master of Orion and the Civilization series occupied way too many hours of my life. :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of study simulator games like the DCS series and iRacing. DCS is probably the game that has had the biggest impact on me, though. I’ve made great, lasting friendships in that game.

I also really enjoy playing coop games like Borderlands or Minecraft with friends.

Ohh man, is it possible to have one favorite game?

Grew up playing C&C and Might and Magic VII. Still play them both at least yearly.
Every Nintendo and Super Nintendo game ever!

Spent many years playing CS:S (Counter Strike: Source), where I was the leader of a clan, created my own maps (Hammer SDK), admin’d servers, directed/organised comps, etc.

My gaming name (The7thLegion) originates from the ‘7th Legion’ game, an RTS from 1997 that I absolutely loved.

Current games include: Dota 2, Destiny (PS4), Diablo III, WoW, and CS:GO.

The first three Thief games really stand out for me. Story, atmosphere and focussed (yet open) gameplay scenarios.

Kings Quest will always have a special place in my 36 year old heart, especially KQ3 for the progress it made in turning the Game into a more consistent story/character/world creation (where the first two had been more of a collage).

I’m definitely a fan of system based games that allow for player expression and choice, but where the game itself also has its own voice, which it sings richly with while asking the player to harmonise and solo along within that song structure and key. :slight_smile:

Oh man, I forgot about Riven. Much of my childhood was spent working through the Myst series with my grandpa.

Legend of Zelda games, Shadow of Colossus, Minecraft, Elder Scrolls

If I had to choose a few favorites, they’d be Final Fantasy X, Skyrim, Portal 2, Halo (the original and perhaps 2), Donkey Kong the arcade game, and Catherine.

1. Moonman (Pff, obviously [:D])
  2. Portal 1 & 2
  3. Robocraft
  4. Minecraft (let’s be honest, this is on everybody’s list even if they don’t admit it)
  5. Limbo

Sorry, Lemoncreme, I’ve never played Minecraft. Maybe it’s because I’m almost 30.

Ok, maybe “everybody” was a hyperbole. What I meant was that a lot of people enjoy it as a guilty pleasure, and don’t admit they like it as if it’s an embarrassment…

At least we can agree on Portal 2. I just realized I also forgot to add Mass Effect 2 to my list. I beat that 20 hour game in a day and a half.

I like too many to make a proper list, so here are some random titles:
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Earthworm Jim, ToeJam&Earl, Boogerman, Astal, Sonic R, Final Fantasy VII, Zelda 64(Both games), Dust: An Elysian Tail, Broforce, Awesomenauts, MineCraft, Saints Row 2…
Just to name a few.

I have way too many games and I keep buying more

(Approximately already spent $3,000+ on Nintendo games since 2011)

But my favorites right now are:

The Legend of Zelda Series
Monster Hunter 4G
Rune Factory 4
Metal Gear Solid Series

Final Fantasy 3/6 - Still the best of the series. Probably the main reason I love 8/16/pixel art games as much as I do.

A Link To the Past - See the statement above.

Total War: Shogan, Medieval, Rome - I can’t begin to explain to you the amount of hours I poured into the three of these games.

Mechwarrior 3 & 4 - My first foray into mmo’s was through multiplayer on MW4:Mercs. Still play it occasionally and can’t get enough of Solaris V. PGI had made so much off oh my love for these 2 games.

Like most it’s hard to narrow it down to just one game, but FF3/6 is the first game I remember wanting to play from start to finish. So we’ll go with that one#