Favourite Game?

Probably gotta go with either Fallout 3 or The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
I can’t choose between them and I don’t want to even look at the amount of hours i’ve put into either, i’ve lost months of my life to those games!

I think my favourite series might be the Devil May Cry games. Don’t even try to judge me, I have far too much unjust love for that series and I refuse to be ashamed :’)

And the most recent game that i’ve accidentally fallen in love with has gotta be 7 Days to Die. It’s unintentionally hilarious and fantastic in the way that only an already semi decent game still in beta can be, with the additional bonus that it’s actually a really solid game and it can’t lower in quality. They could release that build now i’d be happy with it!

I buy too many games ;-;

And you too o3o

Nahhh I only have ~40 games on Steam, and some others not on Steam. I don’t play a lot of games usually, unless I get obsessed with something, like I did with Robocraft…

I have so many games that I can’t focus on one, I have to switch between them all the time in order to play what I want ;-; I think I have easily 300 or so (possibly more)

The game I not only taste but also I throw my creative process until the sky was Beyond: Two Souls .
I also like the Indie and sanbox games like Moonman . I know Moonman be my new favorite game is fantastic .
Minecraft, Terraria and Don’t Starve are some who comment on sanbox . Unfortunately I have only 12 and I could not live these fantastic games that most comments , I played one of Winny the poo and Chickens Invaders .
Sorry if something is wrong writing my English is not very good and I have to translate it into Google .

Wow, this thread is listing so many great games!

A few of my personal influences as a game dev:

• Dwarf Fortress
  • Morrowind / Skyrim
  • Conway’s Game of Life (not a traditional game)
  • Legend of Zelda
  • SimCity
  • Lemmings
  • The Last of Us
  • Minecraft

If it makes any sense, I’ve also loved playing around with fractal rendering software, which is almost like a game to me. I love math and exploring the systems that appear simple yet generate such vibrant worlds ripe for exploration.

+1 For using cellular automata as a favorite game. XD

Pokemon Red/Blue. Oh the memory of my early childhood years spent playing these. And Zelda OOT. What lovely memories.

/Nintendofanboy4life

Currently enjoying Dwarf Fortress, God Hand and Pikmin 3.

God, so many games in this thread I haven’t even heard of. I’m supposed to be cutting back on gaming but now I feel obliged to play even more…

I love so many games, it’s hard to choose one or even ten. Crystalis from the NES stands out as a game I can still play today and have the same level of enjoyment as 25 years ago. I’m a big fan of Starbound, and have logged a lot of time in Minecraft (and as to vanpatter_drew, being close to 30 doesn’t prevent one from playing games like Minecraft. I’m 35, and I know people in their 50s and 60s who enjoy Minecraft, it’s entertaining. Give it a try, and you may find it’s not just “for kids”. :smile:)

Oh, and anything with Mario in it. Seriously, Nintendo bought my soul when I was a wee lad, and I’ll never get it back.

Both Portal games are instant classics as well. I should stop now, my Steam collection is over 400 titles (not that I’ve actually played even a quarter of them yet.)

Cheers!

While I’ve only played Creatures 1 and 2, it’s nice to see someone else knows of that series. I’ve brought up the games to others before, only to be met with confusion because they’d never even heard of them.

Tough one, but I gotta say Shadow of the Colossus holds a special place in my heart (and my arm).

I have loved so many games but it started on the N64 for me. I remember playing Mario Kart 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario 64, Goldeneye and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time no end of times. They never get old for me.
Some of my more modern loves have to be Saint’s Row the Third, Batman Arkham City, FarCry3 Blood Dragon and Fallout 3. But nothing beats a good game of Minecraft it’s great for If I feel like chilling out. Other chill out games for me are Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life and Viva Pinata. something about those games just always has me coming back for more!

My love is for Point-And-Click Adventures especially the classic LucasArts Adventures:

• All the Monkey Island games
  • Maniac Mansion
  • Day of the Tentacle
  • Sam & Max Hit the Road
  • Grim Fandango
  • The Dig

Also:

• Adventure Soft’s Simon The Sorcerer
  • Autumn Moon Entertainment’s A Vampyre Story
  • Artex Software’s Ankh
  • Sierra Entertainment’s Leisure Suit Larry

I’ve always been more a Lover than a Fighter kind of player :sunglasses:

I’ve always wanted to play Grim Fandango. I’ve seen a great playthrough of it, and really enjoyed it even on that level.

Yes, it was a very enjoyable game way back when. There is newly released (Jan 2015) remastered version available but reviews warn of bugs :frowning: They may fix them over time and you may want to check it out:

Grim Fandango Remastered

Game Boy favorite: Super Mario World 2
PS2 favorite: Sly Cooper series.
XB360 favorites: Dishonored, BF3.
PS4 favorites: Destiny, Evolve.
PC favorites: League of Legends, KSP, lots of indies (like Starbound), and tons more.

I used to like Minecraft a lot. Back in middle school my friends and I started a server that got about 5 thousand in donations over its lifetime. We got bored and left it (and the money to run it, we were dumb and too nice) to some dude that still cared and it runs to this day. It was a neat business experience.

All the Creatures games were great, but Creatures 3 was definitely my favorite; the norns had more complex behavior, speech patterns, etc. Plus, you could splice different species together! If you ever get the chance, you should check it out (I think it’s on GOG) and maybe download the Brain-in-a-Vat kit, if you’re into the norns’ inner workings. They really took neural processing and genetics to the next level in this game. I’ve never seen any other game AI come close.

As a kid, I remember my very favorite norn had a mutation that would only let her walk right; her gait genes were broken and she couldn’t use left-facing sprites. To keep her alive, I had to pick her up and stick her all the way on the left side of the ship so she could eat, sleep, and play with the other norns as she slowly migrated to the right side. Then she’d get stuck against the right wall and begin to starve until I rescued her again. (I had to make heavy use of reward and punishment to train her to only walk right when she absolutely had to.)

I remember that you could send a norn with a genetic condition like this to the developers, and they’d try to diagnose what was wrong and fix it. So cool. I wonder what they’re up to these days?

Hmm this is a challenge - there are a few that are really just products of when I was born, and a few that are actually based on some kind of judgement. I can’t tell which is which so I’m going to just mix them all in together

Doom 2
Terraria
Teleglitch
FTL
Zelda 3
Terranigma
Earthbound
Fallout 2
Civilization 2
SF3: 2nd Impact
(old) UFO Enemy Unknown / X-Com but definitely also Xenonauts which I’m loving so far.
and I have such a soft spot for Cybernator, oh man yes

Excellent taste @Pleco

It looks like the whole set is on GOG, so I’ll look into getting them sometime. Beats having to play using the discs. While I am “into the norns’ inner workings,” I’m afraid I was never actually that good at the games, so the extra goodies would be lost on me. I do agree about the AI and genetics though. Haven’t seen anything like it in games before or since and always found it fascinating.

My best moment was in C2 when I finally managed to either use the fusion machine or convince two to mate and had a little patchy patterned baby of moderate intelligence. Unfortunately, I can remember nothing more about it but, as far as I’m concerned, it was a good day.
That’s an interesting defect in yours. The fact that things like that were possible was always cool to me.

I’m still seeing a website for it all, but I’m not sure how active it is, especially given the age and relative obscurity of the series.