General Information -- Read This First!

What is a Moonman?!

Moonman is a procedurally-generated adventure game about an odd green man exploring a strange alien planet. Information about the game can be found on the Kickstarter page. Note that the Kickstarter is now over, but if you missed it you can still support the game and gain alpha access via Paypal/Amazon on moonman.io for a short time.

When will it be released?

We are aiming to publicly release Moonman in December 2015, with the alpha build available in May 2015 for the alpha-backers. The game will be released on Steam and Humble for PC, Mac and Linux. We’re also hoping for console releases but can’t promise anything at the moment. The alpha builds will start off very basic, but will be continually updated with content and bug-fixes, leading up the the public beta release.

Where am I?

This site is a discussion forum for the game, which will be filled with info about the game over the coming year of development. A private alpha-backer forum will be available to discuss the alpha builds when they are released.

Can I help?

Yes! Spread the word about the game and direct people to http://moonman.io where they can pre-order the game. Also, jump in the forums and tell us why you’re excited about Moonman and feel free to ask us any questions.

If you’re an alpha-backer then the alpha subforum will be a great place to give us your feedback on the builds. Once the first alpha is released then we’ll set that up.

Who makes Moonman?

Currently the Moonman team consists of Ben Porter (@ben) and Aliceffekt, but we’re working to expand it. Listen to some of Aliceffekt’s awesome music here.

Additional work on Moonman has been done by Alex McDonald and Gio Lobato.

I need more Moonman!

Don’t we all?! Well if this forum, the KS, the TIGsource devlog and Aliceffekt’s awesome music aren’t enough, then just go outside at night and stare at the moon, and maybe, if you wish hard enough, Moonman will appear behind you.

Who can I speak to about a thing?

If you have suggestions or questions, we’d love to hear about it. Post in the appropriate subforum and we’ll try to get back to you. If it’s something that is super important and needs to be addressed immediately then send a private message to @ben. Alternatively you can send an email to discussmoonman@gmail.com or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook.

Are there rules for this place?

This is our little place on the web to talk about Moonman. Please keep the discussion civilised and don’t be a moonjerk. If you see some badness then flag it and we’ll try to address it, and please PM @ben if something needs immediate attention.

Welcome to the MoonQuest Forums!