July 30th, 2016


I updated to Windows 10 this week. The game still runs well, though I had to update my graphics drivers.

We’ve done a heap of tiny things this week, bug fixes, system-level stuff, and other things:

  • FIX: A vertical line would occasionally flash.
  • FIX: Misc bugs between low/med/high gfx modes, they all work perfectly now and the game runs well in low mode on my 5 year old mac mini.
  • FIX: Rare crash on OSX to do with submerging entities
  • Updated launcher to show gfx options and changelog. Removed old options. (see below)
  • Re-enabled vignetting, there’s an option to turn it off.
  • Cleaned up gui options a bit.
  • Window dimensions are now saved on exit.
  • Updated Laser rendering
  • Restructured Linux build, now it’s bundled as a simple tar and will check for updates.

I also did some major work done on build and deploy system – it has to be cross platform and support the different modes of distribution (humble, itch, steam, mac appstore, …). Each distribution platform has it’s own method for handling updates and deployment, so it’s just a matter of plugging into each of the systems. The standalone auto-updating version will still work as normal, though the game will also auto-update through itch and steam. Many details still need to be sorted out.

Sam is building the OSX launcher next week. It’ll work like the windows one. For the linux standalone version we’ll just have a shell script which you type from command line, it’ll check for updates too.

Alex has been doing lots of work on cleaning up the ice and tomb areas in the Mesa. Despite drowning in post-its, I’m feeling confident that we’re on schedule for the beta release.