Support

Support Page

If you supported the Moonman Kickstarter (or backed via Humble) at the Alpha tier or above then you have access to the Moonman Alpha. This page explains how to get access to it, what to expect, how to report bugs, and presents answers to some infrequently asked questions.

Getting the Alpha

Enter your email in this page to get a link to the alpha: https://www.humblebundle.com/resender.

NOTE: The key is only necessary when updating through the Windows auto-updater. More info about the updater and key can be found below.

MALWARE WARNING IN CHROME? When downloading under Chrome the browser may flag moonman as harmful / malware / etc. This warning is common when downloading executables from non-standard websites and can be safely ignored and disabled. (Or maybe go to your downloads list and you can override it there.) Alternatively try downloading it from another browser.

System Requirements

Windows: 512 MB ram and needs a dedicated graphics card to run well. It may slowly run on an integrated graphics system. NOTE: If you’ve got a dual graphics system, you may have to manually select your graphics card when running the game (right-click moonman.exe -> run with graphics card). Let us know if you meet these requirements and the game doesn’t run.

Mac: OSX 10.7 or higher. 64-bit only.

Linux: 32-bit Linux, or 64-bit Linux with 32-bit support libraries installed. Moonman has been tested on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS and Linux Mint, but should work on any recent Linux distribution.

What can I expect?

The alpha is an early build of Moonman. It will contain a subset of features from the game and you may encounter bugs. Nonetheless we’ll put some fun stuff in there and we really appreciate feedback on broken things, crashes, and other bugs that you encounter.

Troubleshooting: Windows

###The game doesn’t work!####

Refer to the README.txt in the game directory and follow the instructions there. Make sure your graphics drivers are updated that you’re running the game off your graphics card (see system requirements above). If it still doesn’t work: make a post in the alpha subforum with the contents of launcher_log.txt and game/log.txt and the specifications of your machine.

###The game runs but shows a white screen.###

Try updating your graphics drivers, and make sure you’re running the game off your graphics card (see system requirements above).

The game crashes and mentions atigktxx.dll###

Try updating your graphics drivers.

The game crashes and mentions Ig7icd32.dll###

You can’t run the game off intel’s integrated graphics chip, you need a dedicated graphics card. If you do have a graphics card then make sure you select it when running the game, see System Requirements above.

Troubleshooting: OSX

Moonman is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) has a new security feature called Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper is enabled by default and prevents applications distributed outside of the Mac App Store from launching.

The workaround (from here):

• Open Gatekeeper settings located in “System Preferences > Security & Privacy”
  • Set “Allow applications downloaded from:” to “Anywhere” and confirm by pressing “Allow From Anywhere”
  • Download, unpack and run the profiler application
  • Once an application is successfully launched, it no longer goes through Gatekeeper. Thus you can restore Gatekeeper settings to the default option “Mac App Store and identified developers” after successfully launching the profiler

Performance

If performance is not great, ensure that you aren’t forcing integrated graphics and that you fulfil the system requirements.

Troubleshooting: Linux

Performance

If performance is not great, please ensure that your video drivers are up to date for your GPU. For best performance you should use the NVIDIA or AMD proprietary drivers.

64-bit Linux Installation

Moonman is distributed as a 32-bit binary. If you are running a 64-bit Linux you may need to install 32-bit libraries. If you have run games previously, these libraries may already be installed. However, if the game doesn’t run when you double click it, or if you run it from the command-line and get messages about missing libraries, you should install the 32-bit versions of the following:

• libxcb-image0
  • libxcb-randr0
  • libopenal1
  • libstdc++6

In Ubuntu you can do this by typing the following at a command-line:

sudo apt-get install libxcb-image0:i386 libxcb-randr0:i386 libopenal1:i386 libstdc++6:i386

In 64-bit Arch Linux you’ll have to get the image package from https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/xcb-util-image/ extract it to ~/Downloads or wherever, then copy the file in ~/Downloads/usr/lib/libxcb-image-so.0.0.0 to ~/moonman/.

If you have to install other libraries not mentioned here, we would appreciate if you contacted us and let us know what you installed to get the game working, and what error messages were appearing before you did so!

FAQ

###How do I give feedback?###

You can use the dedicated Alpha subforum to post about issues and bugs. Please use the search feature of the forum first to make sure the bug hasn’t been reported.

Please note: Only alpha backers have access to this forum because there will be a lot of spoilers that we want to keep hidden from the public. If you don’t have access and you are an alpha backer then please message @ben.

Linux: If giving Linux feedback, please also send the output from running the following commands at a terminal:

uname -a
cat /etc/*-release

###What do I use the product/generic key for?###

Windows: In your humble bundle account you should see a key of 32 characters long. This is your super secret special secret alpha key. When the game launches it checks for updates, and if it finds an update you’ll have to enter your key to get access to it. Don’t share your key or the update may be disabled. These keys are only for alpha testing and will simplify the whole updating process.

When the game finds an update, it may ask you for the key. You only have to enter it once as the game will remember it. If you entered an incorrect key, you may need to press the ‘reset key’ link in the launcher.

Mac / Linux: There is no auto-updater for Mac or Linux. You’ll have to download the updates from humble directly.

###What’s this crash dialog thing?###

I’m using an online crash reporting system. If the game crashes it will ask you to send in the crash information, with an optional report. It will help us greatly if you do this, but you can choose not to.

Oct 30, 2015
Moonman Alpha News, Changelog, Gui Mockup, Forest Generator
Moonman Alpha: First Build!
Moonman Alpha News, Changelog, Gui Mockup, Forest Generator
Downloads